Thursday, June 27, 2013

Welcome, Josh Watts!



Today's guest blog post is an introduction letter from the SLU Chamber's new part-time administrative assistant, Josh Watts. Welcome, Josh!




Dear SLU Chamber members and friends,

I have just joined the South Lake Union Chamber of Commerce team as a part-time administrative assistant, and I am so excited to be on board! 

I’ve served as an administrative assistant for the Belltown Business Association for the past two years. Applying the skills I’ve gained while helping to promote business and community in Belltown makes me a natural fit for my new position with the SLU Chamber.

I hail all the way from Alabama, finding out that I was born and raised in the Deep South always seems to surprise many!  I attended college in Missouri where one of my majors was Creative Arts including Marketing and Design.  I worked for a educational organization that was very involved in the local Chamber, and I was able to experience from a business perspective, how beneficial that involvement was.

A college friend of mine asked if I would be willing to invest my design and marketing skills, passion for music and natural knack for connecting with people into helping him form a nonprofit. I agreed, and moved to Seattle in 2011, where we formed a church on Capitol Hill. I quickly realized how living in a city suits my personality much better than the Midwest or South! 

I am enthusiastic about serving on the SLU Chamber team, and I’m certain my experience will help to bring an even greater level of effectiveness, focus, and efficiency to our mission.  I’ve already had the privilege of meeting some of our members, and I am looking forward to meeting all of you when I am out and about in South Lake Union.

Cheers,
Josh Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment